Wednesday, April 23, 2014

C4T #4

Mrs.She and student looking at a macbook
For this C4T I was assigned Jenny, a primary teacher in Auckland, New Zealand. The post You Got Snapped! was very interesting. Jenny recalls a time where she was instructing her students on how to be “cyber-smart”. After her lesson she allowed her students to choose an activity to do for the rest of class while she recorded stories. She was pleased to have a student take the initiative to use a camera and take pictures including the one of this post. Jenny also recalled a time when a student used what he had learned prior to record her math lessons. In my comment I commended Jenny on being an active teacher who enjoys seeing her students succeed. I also told her that it is awesome to see students take what a teacher teaches and run with it. I can only hope to have a proactive class like Jenny’s.

Two girls with headphones in looking at an IPad
The next blog post I read was titled IPads in My Classroom. The post is about Mrs. She’s classroom utilizing IPads and her thoughts on them. Mrs. She’s post is all about how IPads allow for students to learn in an interactive process and how they are not difficult for students to figure out. Mrs. She states that to begin with she only focused on apps oriented around literacy and mathematics. She also informs us that she incorporated IPads into their rotation activities. She also mentions how well her students are responding to the IPads. The students see the IPads as a reward rather than tedious work. In my comment I thanked Mrs. She for sharing her experience and mentioned how amazing it was that her students saw the IPads as a reward. It is always exciting to have students excited about learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment