Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

After living for 21 years I have managed to live in the same place all my life. I am proud to call Mobile, Alabama my home. It is here that I have family, friends, and school. I come from what most people would consider a large family. I am blessed with two brothers and four stepsisters. My family is one of the most important things in my life and love when I have time to share with them. While family is my number one priority, my friends come in a close second. They are like my second family. There is not much I would not do for my friends.

I am a proud student at of the University of South Alabama. I am currently a Secondary Math major. I decided to come to South after spending a year at the University of Alabama. I chose South because it was closer to home and I loved the energy I felt when I was on the campus. I changed my original major of Mechanical Engineering to education because I realized I wanted to serve a larger purpose in life. I felt that as an educator I can help and touch more people than I could have ever done from behind a desk as an engineer. I want to teach so I can be a positive presence in the lives of my future students.

A few of my favorite things are sports, my sorority, and going to get Japanese food (aka MISO SOUP) with my friends. When it comes to any sporting event I am there. I love watching everything from gymnastics to college football. In high school I played softball so anything where I can release my competitive side makes me happy. I am currently a member of Phi Mu Fraternity and spend the majority of my time doing different things for it. I spend a lot of my time raising money for our philanthropy (CMNH) and helping out other Greek organizations on campus. As for my obsession with Japanese food, I do not really know why or where it came from but luckily my friends are most of the time willing to go with me.

I hope this post has given you a little insight to my life and that you do not regret taking the time to read all about me!

A group of girls sitting in front of the Phi Mu house on South Alabama's campus

No comments:

Post a Comment