Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blog Post #1

I have heard very mixed reports about EDM 310. I have heard the "horror stories" and then I have heard some positives. People have told me to get ready it will be a lot of work and time consuming. Those same people have also told me that you learn things you have never knew were available for teachers. This class concerns me because of how demanding it is and how hectic my life can get at times. However, I know that I am capable and can be successful at this class.

I do not really think I can compare this class to any I have had before. I have never been exposed to a blog or anything involving a lot of technology. The most I have ever been required to do is power-point. This class does challenge me like some of my previous classes but I expect EDM 310 to open my eyes to many new things.

The most difficult part for me will be making time for this class. I am taking 16 hours, working, and involved with other extracurricular activities. This class is easy to get behind in without even realizing it. In order to succeed in EDM 310 I know I am going to have to be organized. This means putting all dates in my planner and checking my checklist everyday. This class needs to have time set away every day. The students in EDM have more than enough people available to them that if I were to ever have a question I know I will not be left in the dark.

Different technological applications names arranged in a square

3 comments:

  1. I definitely think we have the same perspective on what is excepted of us in EDM 310.This class may be challenging and require us to do hard work. It sounds like we are both up for the challenge and eager to learn! With that being said, my only concern is that both of us have barely any experience with technology in the classroom. I am wondering how that may effect us in the future. Since we have only used little technology in the classroom this semester will be a giant leap. A question I have for you is this. My life is also busy. How are you going to use your time management skills effectively in this class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany! After I got over the initial shock of being overwhelmed I immediately printed out my syllabus and grabbed my planner. I have all major dates marked and weekly reminders to do my blog post, comments, and activities. I also have a copy of the master checklist in my planner, notebook, and room. I also regularly check my drive for new documents from Dr. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. late.
    "This class is easy to get behind in without even realizing it." You have already demonstrated that!

    "but I expect EDM 310 to open my eyes to many new things." We are going to try and make that happen.

    ReplyDelete